Nord has become one of the world’s most beloved VPNs. Thanks to its advanced variety of servers, security protocols, and privacy features. Moreover, Nord is one of the fastest VPNs for torrenting, streaming, and other online activity.
Although Nord has the loudest and one of the biggest names in the VPN market. It is a premium VPN, and no one would like to throw their money on a product that might not even help them that is why we made this NordVPN review to get you know about it’s features and all of your queries like, is NordVPN safe or is it helpful or not will be cleared.
NordVPN review – Is Nord VPN Good or Not?
Although Nord has the loudest and one of the biggest names in the VPN market. It is a premium VPN, and no one would like to throw their money on a product that might not even help them.
However, with this NordVPN review, you will be able to decide whether the VPN will suit you or not.
Nord is one of the best and safest VPNs for streaming and unblocking restricted libraries. Over 5000 servers are available in NordVPN, and every single one is protected with AES-256-GCM encryption.
Moreover, Nord offers its users multi-hop and camouflage modes. These are some of the best features to watch the blocked libraries safely.
1. Multi-hop: This feature adds extra layers of encryption to the connection by adding two or more VPN servers. Multi-hop does not have any effect on the connection speed.
2. Camouflage mode: Most streaming providers keep an eye on the user’s IP to figure out whether a VPN is being used or not. Camouflage is one of the best features for hiding IP while streaming blocked libraries. This feature changes the user’s IP to look like any regular IP address of the connected country.
If you connect the dots, it is almost impossible for the streaming provider to figure out whether a VPN is being used or not, and even if they figure it out, then there is multi-hop with a bunch of solid encryptions.
NordVPN is one of the safest VPNs for unblocking streaming libraries. It is improbable that the user’s account will get suspended or banned.
Overall, the number of streaming libraries Nord can unblock is impressive, and it allows the user to stream them in 4K quality. However, Nord can’t unblock every single library, and only six devices can be simultaneously connected to the VPN.
2. NordVPN Speed test and Reliability
Connection speed and stability are some of the most important aspects of a VPN. Nord lives up to its standard in terms of fast and stable connection speed and proves itself to be one of the world’s fastest VPNs. NordVPN is also counted in the list of the best VPNs for Firefox.
There is no bandwidth limitation in this VPN. The connection speed of the NordVPN matches the speed of one’s broadband in close-distance servers. There is a loss of only 20% in the farthest servers, which is surprisingly low and is more than enough to stream at high quality without getting buffered.
Nord provides its users with a fast and reliable connection with which they can do all the online activities they want without seeing any internet fluctuation. Moreover, all the devices connected with the VPN will be able to use its high speed, although it is limited to 6 devices.
An obvious question arises, what makes Nord the fastest VPN? The answer lies in its protocol in this NordVPN review. Nord uses a NordLynx, WireGuard protocol for a faster and more stable connection speed. What’s more, this protocol gives significant buff to the connection speed without compromising the user’s security or privacy.
3. Logging Policy and Jurisdiction
Nord is a privacy-first VPN and follows a strong no-logging policy. The VPN provider takes no logs on where the VPN is being used or for how long it is being used.
Nord logging policies have been tested in the year 2018 and 2020 by the PWC, and as expected, it has been proved that the VPN follows a strict no-logging policy.
What’s more, Nord has strong DNS and IP leak protection. When combined with its highly encrypted servers, the users can rest at ease without worrying about their valuable information being leaked on a website.
Moreover, the company is based in Panama, which lies outside of five, nine, and fourteen eyes alliances. Being located outside of these alliances gives Nord the power to deny any requests of foreign governments and private agencies related to the VPNs or its user’s information. To put it even more simply, it is a ‘privacy paradise.
4. Security Protocols and Features
Nord has some of the best and most advanced security protocols. With a variety of powerful security features and protocols, users can depend on Nord to keep their data private and also keep their devices safe from any malicious software.
Security protocols: IKEv2/IPsec, OpenVPN (UDP/TCP), and WireGuard
Security features: Kill switch, split tunneling, onion over VPN, double VPN, and more
1. Kill switch: It is one of the strongest security features a VPN can offer, and Nord offers it for every device. However, there are two types of kill switch this VPN offers. The first one is the internet and the second one is the app kill switch.
The Internet kill switch is available for every device and automatically disconnects the device from the internet if there is a massive drop in the connection.
The app kill switch in Windows and macOS is a bit more advanced and allows the users to choose which apps should be protected by it.
2. Split tunneling: It is yet another advanced feature that allows the users to choose which apps should go through the VPN. It is a great feature to do multiple tasks simultaneously, like online banking and torrenting, without worrying about your account getting suspended or blocked.
3. Onion over VPN: It is the best feature for bypassing censorship while keep being anonymous. It puts multiple layers of encryption on servers to allow them to bypass censorship. However, these various layers of encryptions can cause the VPN to slow down a bit.
4. Double VPN: It is also known as multi-hop, and it diverts the user’s traffic through multiple servers to ensure their privacy.
5. Threat protection: It makes sure that the user’s device won’t suffer from any virus or malware attack. Moreover, it also works efficiently at blocking ads on all devices.
Nord has an impressive variety of P2P servers, which are essential VPN for torrenting. P2P servers allow a group of devices to share and receive files through multiple server locations rather than one.
However, P2P traffic is not allowed on servers like Argentina, Egypt, Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam, Ukraine, and more.
The VPN follows an intelligent algorithm that automatically diverts the user’s traffic to a better P2P server.
Although the download and upload speeds are incredible in both close and faraway servers, it could have been even better with port forwarding.
Port forwarding increases the download and upload speed of port forwarding files. Unfortunately, Nord does not provide its users with this feature.
There are over 5000 servers in this VPN which are spread out in 60 countries. Although 60 countries aren’t the most spacious range and there are many VPNs that offer a much wider range of servers.
However, NordVPN covers all the popular countries and also most of the common countries.
What’s impressive about Nord is that every single server is owned by the company. This means that there are no chances of data breaching or selling the user’s information to a third-party site.
Moreover, every server is protected with AES-256-GCM encryption, which is one of the highest levels of encryption a VPN extension can offer.
7. Bypassing Censorship
There are not many VPNs that can bypass censorship, and the few VPNs that can bypass censorship do not work forever. Thankfully, Nord is different from them and allows the users to bypass censorship on well-known platforms like Youtube and many other social media apps on every device.
Nord dedicated servers and apps to bypass censorship in countries like China, Saudi Arabia, and more. To avoid censorship, the user will need to disable their threat protection, enable NordLynx and connect to the closest server with the quick connect option.
However, this only works with Windows and Android devices, and disabling the device’s threat protection won’t do any harm to the devices because Nord protocols will take care of it.
Nord is one of the best VPNs to bypass censorship while being anonymous and keeping the device and online information safe.
8. Customer support
The VPN providers make sure to help their users in the best way possible with their easy-to-use and reliable 24/7 live chat customer support. Nord gives the users a chatbot to help them with their queries. Unlike other VPN providers, Nord’s chatbot is pretty helpful and can quickly solve most of the problems.
Although most people prefer human chat support over chatbots because if the problem is not explained carefully, then the chatbot can be a total waste of time. On the other hand, human chat support is flexible and can understand the essence of the problem.
However, human chat support is not instantaneous and can take a much longer time to help the user.
Nord’s chatbot makes sure to give instantaneous replies in the easiest way possible.
9. Ease To Use
Nord is an easy-to-use VPN with a user-friendly interface, and the servers can be easily connected with a single click.
However, the configuration of security protocols and features is hard to get by, no matter what the device may be. The security configuration of Nord isn’t about enabling and disabling a feature or protocol. It requires the user to have a good amount of knowledge of protocols and features customizations.
This applies to every device. However, the default security and privacy protocols and features are more than enough for secure browsing, torrenting, and streaming but are not enough for bypassing censorship.
NordVPN Review for Device Compatibility
Nord is a safe and secure VPN that is available for almost every device. However, there are some features, apps, and settings configurations that Nord only offers to some specific devices.
1. Windows: The VPN provider offers the most features and protocols to Windows users and also gives them a much wider room for configuration.
Windows users can choose between the WireGuard (NordLynx), OpenVPN (TCP), and OpenVPN (UPD) security protocols. It gives the Windows users a server map which is unnecessary and covers a good amount of screen.
2. Mac: Nord provides Mac users with all the security features it did to Windows. However, Nord does not offer split tunneling settings to Mac, and also only the IKEv2 protocol is given to them.
3. iOS: Surprisingly iOS devices have a much better interface when compared with desktop versions. Just like Mac, there is no room for split tunneling settings, and IKEv2 is the default and only security protocol for iOS.
4. Android: Unfortunately, the Android version of Nord is not as well-designed as the desktop and iOS versions. Although the app is easy-to-use, the security configuration requires the user to activate the protocols manually and features the user wants.
5. Router: Although Nord does not have a dedicated router app, it is surprisingly easy to install the VPN on routers. What’s even better, there are many routers in the market that comes in with NordVPN pre-installed.
6. Fire TV sticks: Nord is one of the best VPNs that has dedicated and fully responsive apps for Fire TV sticks. It can not only unblock streaming libraries but also provides the users with protocols configuration, kill switch, split tunneling, and more features that are enabled by default.
7. Browser Extension: Nord has excellent chrome and firefox browser extension. These add-ons work impressively on desktops and mobiles and put an extra level of encryption to their traffic.
Is NordVPN good?
To sum up NordVPN review, Nord is one of the best and most secure VPNs that works impressively on every device. NordVPN price is also very affordable as compare to the other VPNs, who provides these same services at high subscription rates. The VPN offers strong encryptions, security protocols, privacy features, a variety of servers, and an impressive speed to the users.
Moreover, Nord provides its users with a generous 30-day money-back guarantee.
The subscription prices of Nord are reasonable, and it accepts a variety of payment methods which also includes cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and more.